How I'm Doing So Far

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Bento box

I really enjoy following Shelley's blog in large part because of her love for bento box lunches.

She makes eating on such a small scale seem like so much fun!

So as I'm on this journey of rediscovering what it is that will make my metabolism wake up, and learning to eat more but keep it healthy and nutritious, I decided to invest in my own colourful Bento Box from the same company she got hers. It also inspires me to do what my nutritionist asked me to do and bring lunch into work at least 3x a week.

This was yesterday's 'buffet'. I ate the trailmix that was in the tiny green container for breakfast and then had just the egg salad (most of it) and the rye whole grain crackers for lunch. Cheese stick and fruit went back home.

And today's offering. Chicken salad, Ate all that for lunch, but wasn't really that hungry since I had 2/3 of a greek yogurt with sunflower and chia seeds sprinkled in. A few bites of the avocado which had NO TASTE. For dessert, I had the trail mix and a bit later, the cheese stick. Fruit and crackers heading home.
I find it helps to keep things fun and interesting. I also must stay on top of things and be prepared so I'm not wasting time in the morning wondering what i'm going to take in for the day.

I meet with my nutritionist tomorrow morning for the first time in two weeks. Two weeks that have included two trips and not a whole lot of exercise, but clothes are fitting nicely -- still have a few pounds to go before I can claim all the pants in my closet again. My size 8 slacks almost fell down yesterday.

Hope you're all having good food choice days :)

4 comments:

Steph said...

I totally forgot about my Bento Box!!! I used to use it all the time when I was in full on, gung ho weight loss mode. Thanks for the inspiration. Time to start using my Bento Box for lunches again!!

Dawnya said...

Cool. I think I used mine a total of 4 times. Now my kids play with the boxes and I have no idea where the case is.

I'm glad you are getting back to basics. I can't wait to here what the nutritionist has to say.

How are the life coaching classes going?

RockBand Barbie said...

I keep saying I am going to get a Bento Box and never do. I must make that a priority while I am off this summer before school starts back :)

Beth Ann said...

I bought one a long time ago and I can't even tell you where it is. :) Might need to look back into that!