How I'm Doing So Far

Monday, November 1, 2010

ewwwwwww..... YUCK

So I've now had two stuck episodes. Not fun.

First was with some fish late last week. Had three small bites. thought i'd chewed well. stuck. i get the stuck feeling right in my throat... not in the middle of my chest as is the case with others. well it didn't come back on its own, but the minute i put some effort in, up came the well chewed fish... and lots of that icky slime i've only before heard about.
the second time was saturday morning while having breakfast in our little hotel restaurant with my dbf. we were in Harbour Island which is renowned for its bread. So stupid me has a bit. it was lightly toasted so i thought i'd be safe. not so. stuck. my dbf said i turned bright pink as i excused myself upstairs to the room and up it came.
not pretty.

other than that, betsy and i have been doing ok... me learning how she works and all.
we had a lovely weekend away and i must say, that no matter how much you read up on this whole banding thing, no one can truly prepare you for just how little you're going to be able to eat. it's amazing.
that said, i truly enjoyed every bit that i did eat. including the hazlenut and chocolate truffle for dessert saturday night. it's so nice to really take the guilt out of the occasional indulgence.
had a lot more juices than i usually have while i was away this weekend so it's back to water water water... don't need those empty calories all the time!

4 comments:

Christine said...

Sadly, "stuck episodes" are just something that we bandsters need to learn to live with. I'm glad that you're MOSTLY doing well though! So glad to hear that!
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net

Silverhairedgoddess said...

I am not looking forward to those "stuck episodes" ... maybe I will be lucky and it will never happen to me.... well, I can hope, can't I !?

Margorie

nikki said...

O the yucky, stuckies :( NO BUENO!

nikki said...

I can't wait to see your weigh-in tomorrow! FINGERS CROSSED!!! :)