How I'm Doing So Far

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Weekly weigh in

And down another pound. At least we think I am.

The surgeon's office has a couple of scales. The two i typically hop on are about 5lbs off from one another. I use the weight on the lowest recording one. The highest showed me down about a pound (perhaps and a few ounces) from what I was on that one last week. But the other scale was acting all stoopid and giving different numbers (pounds apart) each time. So we figured that based on the higher recording scale and my home scale that i'm down about a pound.

funny how once upon a time i'd have been bothered by not having an exact record of my loss. this time i'm not sweating it. i do hop on my home scale daily, but that's just so i can be as on top of things as i can be. i know that if i suddenly see things going up that i need to take check and get back on track. i don't beat myself up over higher numbers and don't get out of control crazed and excited over lower ones.

it's nice not to be as crazy about weight and food and all these such matters. i'm just doing what i should be doing and letting the band and my efforts take their course.

am up to my eyeballs in packing tape and boxes this week. we're moving all my furniture and boxes into my parents' warehouse on saturday morning so i have got to get it done by then. so starting saturday night i'll be camping out at my parents' house until my new house is complete at the end of the year.

Next week... once all this madness is done, i intend to get back into the gym at my nutritionists' wellness centre. I miss the butt kicking and know that ramping up my exercise will get the weight loss going at a nice clip again

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

That's great you are not concerned about an exact weigh in. I think that big of a difference at the surgeon's office would freak me out a little. Good luck with the moving.

Read said...

Great job on your probably 1 lb. I love that it doesn't freak you out. It's a fantastic attitude to have - it is what it is and you just keep plugging away doing what you're supposed to be doing!

Silverhairedgoddess said...

You sound so "together" in regard to your feelings about food, etc., - that's what I want to be when I grow up :)

Jen said...

Yay! I love finally having that perspective on things. I think in some ways it's not the band that's the biggest change, it's that attitude. We know the numbers are going to keep going downward, so we don't sweat getting an exact number every week. This is the first time for me that I've felt that way, and it's so liberating! :)