How I'm Doing So Far

Thursday, March 10, 2011

ahhhhhhh.... how do you spell relief?

G-A-V-I-S-C-O-N. that's how.

Ever since my brief interlude at 6.2cc in my 10cc band where I was wayyyyyy too tight, I've experienced intermittent bouts of acid reflux. YUCK! Well after a week of being woken up by it, I had an unfill (back down to a seemingly happy point of 6cc) and my doc prescribed Gaviscon and another med for the heartburn and reflux.

Well problem is, they both come in big bottles. Way to cumbersome to carry around with me and i find I need the relief not just at night or after dinner when it does flare up.

My esophagus was burning all morning to the point where water was irritating it and so I headed over to the nearest pharmacy to see if I could find something. anything. to ease this pain up. Lo and behold they had these:

Oh my word they worked fast. Instant relief. And so portable. I think tomorrow I'm going to head back to the pharmacy to stock up so I can stash them in the house, my office desk, my car, my handbags, my parents' house, my dbf's place.....

As soon as I finish with lunch (and of course, wait at least 1/2 hour) I'm going to see how much water I can get in.... been feeling a wee bit dehydrated these past couple of days because of the burning sensation.

Thursday mornings are my official weigh in days, but I had a work committment this morning so will head to Dr D's office to hop on the scales tomorrow morning


4 comments:

Amanda Kiska said...

I just had an almost complete un-fill due to horrible acid reflux. Please keep in contact with your doctor about this issue. I hope it resolves for you. Bandsters seem to walk a fine line, especially the ones who've been at it a while dealing with acid reflux/heartburn.

Bonnie said...

Glad you found a product that works for you. I haven't had any acid reflux yet with the band, but good to know about a product that works in case I do.

Mandy said...

Glad you found relief! Thanks for the tip too... I get the acid reflux at times.. but was stickin with tums! They don't work too great!

Rhonda said...

So happy you found some relief! I've never found anything that worked for me, so if I get it again (because of the band!), I'll definitely have to try this out. :)