How I'm Doing So Far

Monday, March 7, 2011

What a weekend!

This was one of those weekends that make you feel you need a weekend to recuperate!

My brother flew in from another island first thing Saturday morning to re-do my floors.... back breaking work that he and my contractor spent the entire weekend doing.... meanwhile I had his 2 kids... and 3 nieces and nephews in addition! Managed to take 5 kids ranging in age from 4-13 to a big fair and didn't lose any :)
We all had a great time... I still giggle when I recall how the 4 & 5 year old girls literally SCREAMED and hauled their little butts across the fairgrounds when they spotted Dora off in the distance. I love that they still don't know it's not 'real'.
That night I ended up with all five of them sleeping over. Why was I so exhausted and them not?!?!? Ended up having to split up the little girls... melt downs all around.
Yesterday we had a bbq (christened my new lovely, huge bbq in grand style) over at the dual construction sites. Also invited a good friend and her family as her kids are the same age bracket as the crew I already had and all get a long. They had a blast riding bikes and scooters, swimming, playing tennis.... it was good times.
Most fun is this Friday, I'm moving in!!!!!!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend, I can't wait til my kids are old enough to be more "fun" and less "work"! LOL Don't tell them I said that. ;)

Sam said...

That was a very busy weekend :o)