How I'm Doing So Far

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Playing Catch Up

Where does the time fly?

Can you believe this time in two weeks so many of us will be together in Chicago! Holy smokes!!!!!
I am so excited and can't wait to meet my roomies for the weekend - Stacey and Paige. And there are SOOOOOOO many other BOOBS rock stars I'm gonna be looking out for.

I get in the Wednesday evening @6 and have booked a town car from Midway. If anyone else is getting in @that time, you're welcome to get a ride.

So after my last post, I ended up spending TWO WHOLE WEEKS with a completely empty band!!!! It was good to have internal relief, but even though I didn't eat as much as 'normal people' and did try to eat pretty well, I packed on 8lbs! Actually earlier this week I was up 11lbs but thank goodness Bootcamp started again and the exercise helped. Even my surgeon commented on how quickly I gain weight!!! Ah well.
He put me back up to 5cc - just a smidge shy of where I was and I can feel such a difference. While it was nice to have a bit of a break from the restrictions the band places on me, I am relieved to be back in a good place!

What else.

Bootcamp. Started again Tuesday and we have another awesome group of newbies and so many incredible women from cycles one and two came back. It really is like a big, extended family. So much positive energy.... it's incredible.

I've also signed up to be the swimmer on a sprint triathlon relay team next sunday (25th). Yup.... Haven't swum competitively in oh, I dunno, 10-15 years, but yours truly coerced Nakera (bike) and Bianca (swim) - two lovely bootcampers - to be on my team. Well that has now multiplied and we officially registered FOUR teams from G-Fit including one with an amazing lady Erin Brown who lost a leg to bone cancer 7 years ago and uses a prosthetic. She'll be biking for one of our teams.

Of course I got this idea, signed up and then thought hmmmmmm.... should probably get in the water since I haven't swum in decades.... Dad and I went to a pool Wednesday morning and swam solid for half an hour. It felt really good! So there's hope. I cancelled the Medivac ambulance I was going to have on standby! lol

Speaking of ambulances.... well not really..... needed a transition.....
tomorrow is my last day on the job at the newspaper and radio station. On Monday I start my new job as Director of Marketing at Doctors Hospital. Am really excited about the change. I have orientation for two days then I'm in my department Wednesday. The following Wednesday I head to Chicago to meet the BOOBS.... hey... these things happen... adn they preferred to get me in for a week to get started than have me wait until the following week when I get home!

Ok... I am going swimming with Dad again at 6:30 tomorrow morning and am still tired from not getting to bed early enough last night when I had 4am wake up for Boot Camp!

Laters!

4 comments:

trishajo said...

congrats on the new job girl! that's exciting! have fun at boobs, I will hopefully make it next year!!

Lynda said...

So looking forward to meeting you in Chicago!

Rhonda said...

Sounds like you've been a busy lady! :)

Can't wait to meet ya!

Steph said...

I think you're the only one flying in on Wednesday, so enjoy the peace and quiet while you can! congrats on the new job and I am way looking forward to meeting you in less than 2 weeks!!! Oh and we did wind up booking the cruise, so I hope we'll be able to meet up in Nassau, too! :)