How I'm Doing So Far

Monday, October 31, 2011

Apparently you CAN be too thin.....

Sorry I've been absent. Was in Schaumburg Illinois all last week and busy, busy, busy with the conference.

So anyway. Today I was back in therapy for my torn ab wall muscle (or so we think). And the therapist stops in the middle of her deeep myofacial massage in my belly area and says 'what is that'? I'm like.... uh..... i dunno......
turns out not everyone has a super strong pulse in their abdomen (who knew?) and coupled with the mystery pain that could be displaced groin pain..... she needed to alert my doctor because that pulse could have been an abdominal aortic aneurysm..... WTF?!?!?!

She calls the doc who says I should get an abdominal ultrasound.... they got me in today a) because I work at the hospital and b) the coordinator said whenever they hear the words aneurysm, deep vein thrombosis and the like, they make a point to get you in...... aye aye aye....

the ultrasound tech and the attending doctor were extremely thorough and could feel the pulse through the ultrasound instrument..... turns out my aorta is perfectly fine and although it's pulsing super strong, there's no dilation and so nothing to worry about. just need to watch it in case it gets stronger. they checked ALL my organs and said I'm ideal to scan because everything shows up so nicely because I have so little fat.

the doctor... a new one from the philippines who is tiny herself admitted that she too has  a strong abdominal pulse and that mine is showing so strong because I'm so thin and only have a thin layer of fat and tissue covering the aorta.

Who woulda thunk it?!?!?! So MUCH relief that there's not a huge medical problem and glad the physiotherapist reacted the way she did because I'd rather have that then the alternative.

And now that I've given you my Halloween scare, I leave you with a few pics from Saturday night's Halloween dress up. I was Hoochie the Clown. - so much fun shopping for a costume when you're this size!!!!!

I had to add black leggings.... there was NO way I was traipsing around
with my derriere hanging out of the leotard and tutu!

Just noticing my breast bone is now as prominent as my collar bones....
need to get a bit of an unfill so I can stop this weight loss.... who
ever would have thought *I* would be saying that!!?!?!

11 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Super cute costume - love all the colors. Glad you are okay!

trishajo said...

wow, how freaky weird! glad it's nothing bad! cute costume

Cat said...

So glad you're ok, medical stuff and things related to blood flow can be scary! Also - adore your costume. So pretty!!

Amanda said...

all you ladies look so good! And tan too!! Lucky!

I am so glad you health scare resulted in not an aneurysm!!

Dawnya said...

I'm so glad that you are okay. I thought I was going to have to fly in to take care of you. OH the horror of it all. LOL

You look adorable in that costume. Hoochie the clown...I love it.

Ummm...stop lossing wieght...OMG...I can't wait to say those words. LOL

Theresa said...

Glad the ultrasound check out! Wow, you look terrific! I wouldn't know about the too thin thing...in my dreams!

Kristin said...

I am so thrilled you are OK! That could have been a nightmare!

I hope that the unfill stops the loss, do not want you wasting away on us!

I love that costume!

You are my inspiration!!!

speck said...

Really cute costumes. Good news on health scare.

Rhonda said...

Thank goodness it wasn't serious, the pulsing anyway. Hope your abs are feeling better!

Justawallflower said...

So glad everything turned out ok! hope the stomach muscle continues to heal. Love the custome! And that you are doing so great!

Stephanie M. said...

Oh how scary! My dad had an aortic aneurism and that's nothing to mess with. So glad that's not what it was! You're looking awesome, and that's a great costume.