How I'm Doing So Far

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Where to begin - BooBs part 1 of however many it takes to tell the story!

I had such an incredible time in Chicago that I'm not even sure where to begin!

Started out with four roomies and due to an unfortunate set of events, there ended up being just two of us and I must say, I hope you all took some time to get to know Stacey - she's lovely and SUCH an easy going roommate. AND she let me FORCE her into buying UGGS.... not because she NEEDED them, but because she WANTED them! Yay!!!!

Spent lots of free time with two spectacular ladies from Texas -- Fluffy and Angela are as amazing as I knew they'd be and then some. Honestly, at some point in the weekend as we were sharing yet another laugh and planning our outfits for the Disney Princess Half Marathon in late February (sweet Jesus how did I get myself into THIS one?!?!) it dawned on me that I'd only met these lovely women a couple days earlier, yet it felt in so many ways, that i'd known them (and loved them) forever!

I was the only one to get in Wednesday night so Thursday morning I ventured out to a RUNNING store and was fitted for shoes. Then did a bit more shopping before freshening up for the initial meet n greet.... Ended up running into the organisers in the hallway and helped lug all the stuff Lynne had driven up with. That truck bed was JAM packed with all sorts of goodness.

After meeting the first batch of lovely ladies, a crew of us headed out for a pizza (chicken wings for me) dinner. Thanks again Stephanie. I think you may just be one of the most generous women I've ever had the pleasure of knowing!

And then it was off to the Drag Show (I want her His body!!!!!) Loads of laughs even if most of the girls guys looked like they really wanted to be anywhere but on that stage!

I found myself falling asleep during the show but am sooooooo glad my fear of missing out on a single moment (you can sleep when ya dead) made me turn right instead of left and took me to the karaoke bar. First of all..... Angela can BELT! Well she could before she lost her voice and left it somewhere in Chicago. And Dawnya, Joey and Brandi had me in freakin hysterics! One of these days I'll learn to cut loose and just get up there and sing or dance like nobody's listening or watching even though I know perfectly well they are!
And Brandi - I know i solemnly promised to cut you off if you started dancing, but then how in the world would I have gotten to see the splits routine?!?!?!

And now for some pictures before I close this post.... to be continued

Donna, Jacquie and Kristin get acquainted

Krystal, Justine and Gilly. Justine was soooooo jet lagged and tired. Can't believe she came all the way over from the motherland!


Love, Love, Love this woman. Keeps it real every moment of every day. Mwwwwaaaah Dawnya

Waiting in the hotel lobby to go to the drag show

picking the RIGHT song!

Barb. And the girls.



Joey stepped up to help her get through the enotional ditty


Looks and SOUNDS like she was born with a mic in her hand!

I KNOW I'll get flack for this one, but she YELLED at me as I was taking it :)



Dawnya was feelin someone up throughout the weekend. Joey was the victim lucky girl this time!






At which point I was SUPPOSED to threaten the bartender with sudden death if he served her any more adult beverages..... oooops!





I hate how Blogspot always gets at least one pic out of order!


Ok - bedtime. More to come. I promise!!!!

21 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I just love you. If you post pics of me use Draz instead of my real name please! Thanks lovey!

I'm so happy you came!

Rhonda said...

Yay! I just loved you, sorry we didn't get more time together!

speck said...

Oh my gosh I love these pictures. I almost believe I would do something illegal if I was there. lol just kidding, just kidding

Thanks for sharing.

Angela said...

I love that pic of Brandi and I. It looks like some just told us they wouldn't be serving any more drinks....but we know that didn't happen based on brandi's demonstration of hoe flexible she is! Love you girl!

Angela said...

My lord someone should cut me off! So many mistakes in that last post. Hard to believe I educate children. :)

Becky said...

Love your picture post! I'm re-living the weekend through all of this :) Even though I wasn't doing the same things you did, I know all these same ladies now and it's like I was there for all the stuff I missed.

speck said...

I am dying laughing at Angela's last post!

Andrea said...

Looks like you all had a blast!!!

Dawnya said...

OMG...I can't believe you posted some of these pictures. Who are those wild women?

I wish I had been there. LOL

Kristin said...

Dawnya you crack me up! Thanks for posting the pictures it sure makes the memories last!

So much fun was had, I have not laughed that hard for those many days in a row as I did in Chicago!

Great Times!

Love you

Catherine55 said...

I loved finally getting to meet you!! And -- man! -- I should have come on Thursday! That looked like a lot of fun! :)

Banded Mommy (Angie) said...

I loved meeting you and you were soo much fun. Even though I am new at this running thing I think I might have to look into this Disney thing and train some more!!!

Theresa said...

These are wonderful! I am so glad I got to meet you. You are amazing and I swear I would never in a million years have thought you were ever overweight. You inspire me! Maybe not enough to make me run, but definitely enough to walk briskly to get me next cocktail!!!

Cat said...

Ooooh so much fun!! Was Joey singing "Like a virgin?" I bet that was AWESOME!

I also love that Dawnya was trying to claim she wasn't there. Hee hee.

Thanks so much!!

Stacey said...

Aww thanks! You were a great room mate too! Made me feel totally at ease.

And thanks for putting it in writing that I was coerced into the Uggs! I have proof for Olaf! hehe
Be watching on your doorstep for us to show up for him to give you a stearn talking to. :)

Amanda said...

I really enjoyed meeting you! You are an inspiration and a beauty! Like a serious beauty!!

Darlin1 said...

I love you....you are beautiful inside and out!

Read said...

OMG this is a great post - I'm madly in love with you and can't wait to see you again!!!

And - I will never, ever be able to listen to that song again without thinking of Ricky - it's been ruined... or perfected forever!!!

And I got pictures of her in her pose tonight - I'll post them tomorrow!

Gilly said...

Great pictures! I nearly started crying again when I saw the ones of Barb singing! Seriously...not a dry eye in the house!! It was so great meeting you!!

Lap Band Groupie said...

So great to see all the pics! I loved meeting you...you're tiny and beeeeeeeautiful!

Thanks for sharing these!

Beth Ann said...

You were one of my most favoritest (it could be a word, you don't know) surprises of the weekend. I knew I liked you, but DANG...you are a spitfire and so freaking fun! So, SO glad to have met you!