How I'm Doing So Far

Thursday, August 19, 2010

I am sooooooo in love!

.... With my brand spankin' new Vitamix Blender and Omega masticating juicer..... oh, and my dbf who offered to buy these pricey gadgets as a very belated birthday present!

Vitamix Blender
Omega juicer

They arrived yesterday and last night I used the blender to pulverise (was not my intent.... i need to practice with different speeds for different tasks) red, yellow and green pepper and onion for a spaghetti sauce I was making. It actually worked out really well.

For dessert I spent about 10 seconds making a delicious treat for me and dbf out of frozen strawberries, vanilla greek yogurt and a bit of sugar. It blends to an almost ice cream consistency and was lovely and on plan!

Tonight I intend to use it to make a steaming black bean soup - yes, just as you can make ice cream, you can make hot soups with the same gadget!!!

Haven't tried out the juicer yet, but that's more for when my nutritionist puts me on my liquid diet leading up to the surgery.

Speaking of surgery.... I am getting a little stressed. I have my surgeon's appt next Thursday and hopefully we set a date then. That's also when he'll put in the insurance paperwork so I'm not sure how long they'll take to respond.

Here's my dilemma. or dilemmas. One boss wants me going to a workshop in Atlanta on Sept 14-18. That means earliest I can think of surgery is Monday 20th. That's stressful in that I'll be juggling a liquid diet while travelling. oh well.... i can manage.

Now today just found out another boss wants me to go to a conference in Austin, Texas from October 17-19.

These trips are squeezing my window of opp for surgery quite a bit!!!!!

Am going to call the surgeon's patient advocate today to let her know my dilemma and ask if it's at all possible for them to start the paperwork before my appointment in a week. I know the nutritionist, psycho therapist and doc who did my physical have all cleared me for surgery so that isn't an issue....

fingers crossed. I really don't want to have to wait until late october to have surgery.....

4 comments:

Janelle said...

Wow, that ice cream concoction sounds absolutely awesome... I might have to give it a try in my regular old blender.

It does sound like you are pretty busy in the next couple months, I hope you can fit the surgery in the somewhere!

Jenny said...

Sounds like you are having some fun!

Heather said...

I had a really crazy schedule that just seemed (with much stressing) to work out. I was traveling though on my liquid diet. The key was to pack everything and carry it with you. It wasn't fun, but well worth it in the end! Good luck! The "ice cream" sounds awesome!

Christine said...

You're going to love that gadget's ability to make you smooth soups after your fills!!!