How I'm Doing So Far

Monday, August 23, 2010

I went clothes shopping....

In my closet.... and came out with a bunch of 'new' clothes!

Yesterday morning I was out and about (oat and aboat if you're Canadian :) ) and realised that not only was I constantly pulling up my white size 20 capris, but I could pull them down without unbuttoning or unzipping (I waited til I got home to test this theory).

Clearly I am no longer a size 20, so I pulled all of those out of the closet and start rooting through to see what else I have and figure out what fits. My 18's are comfy (if *gasp* a wee bit loose) and at least one pair of 16's fit nicely though all the others I'd say are about 10-15lbs away from wearing in public.

I still have a pile of jeans on my bed to try on (it was just too hot last night to bother with tugging on and off denim).

Today I'm wearing a lovely pair of khaki slacks that I don't think I'd worn more than a couple of times before I outgrew them.

Nice to be in fitted clothing again as my 20's were quite clownish they were so baggy.

The only bad thing is I realised by going through the contents of my closet that I've got a decent supply down through size 14, but once those are too big (hard to imagine that ever happening right now) I'm going to have to start buying a few 12's to get me through.

I LOVE closet shopping!

2 comments:

Maria said...

I love closet shopping too! Alas, a few years ago, my hubby made me donate to charity most of the smaller clothes I was hanging on to. Now I only have one small little bin of 12s and 14s. Oh well, now he will have to deal with me going shopping for real!

Sam said...

Congrats on the great finds, and just think, this time when you out grow a size you can donate; chuck out and pass along the clothes that are too big for you:)