How I'm Doing So Far

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

sliders today... but a good reason

or at least *I* think it's a good reason.

I have had a mild toothache all week so made an appt to see a dentist this morning. within two minutes of probing my mouth, she utters the words 'ROOT CANAL'. Now for a confirmed dental-phobe like me, those are possibly the worst words someone can say to me, other, perhaps than 'EXTRACTION.'
So since the tooth was super sensitive and we're headed into a 4-day holiday weekend here (yay) I decided to just let her go ahead and get started. No sense in putting it off until next week and having pain and anxiety to deal with.
The real fun part is she also noticed a small cavity in a similar spot (between back teeth) on the other side and said I need to get that taken care of before it too turns into a root canal situation.... oh joy. next thursday I have part two of the root canal and the filling on the other side. am i lucky or WHAT!?!
Am torn now between hoping the numbness wears off in time for radio news in another hour and hoping it doesn't wear off at all because I know it's gonna hurt and all i got is antibiotics.... not a drop of pain meds.
the reason for the title of this post - i had potato chips for lunch. i can't chew so sliders it is

7 comments:

Dawnya said...

Poor baby!!! Feel better soon. I say sleep until the pain eases up.

Cat said...

Ugh ugh! Poor you, in my opinion, only back pain is worse than any kind of tooth pain (and even then, sometimes the tooth pain wins out!) I feel so bad for you, I hope you come through this quickly and as pain free as possible.

Silverhairedgoddess said...

I know what you mean, chips really go down easy!

wow, another root canal - bad luck but you were right to start the process as soon as possible, you don't want to be in paid over the holidays!

Silverhairedgoddess said...

I mean in "PAIN" :)

Sarah G said...

Feel better soon!

Jody said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Christine said...

Oh dear! I'm way overdue for a dentist appointment and I'm afraid that if I go, I'll have all kinds of things wrong with me. I have major dentist anxiety!! I feel your pain! I hope you are doing okay!!
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net