How I'm Doing So Far

Sunday, October 24, 2010

And they shall call her.... Betsy

betsy the band, that is.

For years now i've called the gps in rental cars Betsy. No idea where the name came from, but it fits. I decided to also dub my band Betsy because she's the one who will keep me on track when I start to get lost.

Ok... so a re-cap of the first 3 days post BIG GIRL FILL.

Thursday night
I had the fill @ about 6pm and when some Ensure went down (albeit very slowly) I was cleared to go. All I had that night was sips of water, but I wasn't hungry so no problem

woke up with a gurgling tummy but wasn't hungry. Decided that even though our office protocol is full foods the day after a fill, I was too skeered to chance it so heated up a 1/4 cup of squash soup. I ate/drank it very slowly and although it was slloooooooow going down, there was no sense of it coming back up.
Lunch - just kept on sipping water and didn't bother with the greek yogurt i'd brought in.
Dinner - mom gave me some delish homemade lentil soup. Figured if I had troubles I could toss it in the blender, but it went down. Once again, I ate slowly and chewed it all to nothing.

had an early morning facial so skipped breakfast other than a soft cheese triangle. For lunch I had a vanilla latte from Starbucks. Am not a coffee drinker but i thought warm beverage would loosen me up a bit. Can't remember what I had for lunch but dinner was a mini babybel light cheese round (50 calories, 3g fat and 6g protein) and a few verrrrrry well chewed small bites of a delish hamburger, sausage and jalapeno cheese dip i made for my dbf. the dip took a long time to move on through.
My dbf was fascinated with how little my nibbles of the cheese were and how long it lasted me.

this morning I made a 2 egg scramble and 3 slices of turkey bacon. Managed to chew chew chew the bacon and had about 1/3 of the eggs.
Lunch was 1/4 cup very mayo-ey chicken salad and a babyel cheese round.
Dinner... even though really wasn't hungry (which is CRAZY) I had 1/4 cup of the lentil soup and another cheese round. Make that two cheese rounds. Needed to up the protein so decided to tempt fate with another and it went down.

I know i'm not yet getting in enough, but I feel fine and have lots of energy so gonna ride this train for now.

It's weird how slowly things go down, but I'm sure it'll loosen up a bit and also I'll get used to it. Today was a much better day than yesterday and Friday so already I'm seeing improvement.

I tried to take the liquid multivitamin my nutritionist got for me and almost threw up. Man that stuff is N-A-S-T-Y! I immediately blackberry messaged my dad who's in Florida for the weekend and asked him to go to CVS and get me some chewable and some gummy vitamins. I know they're no way near as good for me as the liquid nastiness, but I figure they'll be better for me than the nothing i'd be getting if that's my only option.

went for a nice long power walk this evening. need to get back to making it a regular event. going again tomorrow as well, but tuesday and thursday evenings i can't so maybe i'll force myself to get up and get it out of the way in the morning.

other than that not much going on. spent much of the weekend packing boxes. even though i see the packed up and labelled boxes piling up, it still doesn't feel like i'm accomplishing much more than making a huge mess!! I hate this.... and to think at some point in the next few months I'll be unpacking it all in the new house. exciting, but lotsa work!

Since the fill it looks like I'm down about 3lbs which is great considering I'd not really been losing in the past 2 weeks.

Ok my lovelies.... off to shower and hop in bed with my kindle


Blossom said...

Glad you're not having any issues after your fill....I'm not sure about me, I was able to eat dinner but had two glasses of wine first and I think that helped. I dunno! I'm waiting and seeing. Here's to more weight loss!

Dinnerland said...

You're doing great! It sounds like you're very 'filled' and if that is working-- terrific. Keep up the great work.

Justawallflower said...

Well, it sounds as if things r going good, even if it is slow. Hopefully u will adjust to taking it slower in time. Then it won't seem so slow, but normal!

Nikki said...

I had a recent big girl fill too :) so far, so good on my end as well. Can't wait to see our numbers start dropping!

Silverhairedgoddess said...

Sounds like you and Betsey are getting along well - but you do need to take your vitamins !

Didn't Sam say that they had brought in chewable vitamins - in fact - she let me try one and it was tasty! You should call her.

Wow 3 pounds since Thursday - that's great.


Christine said...

OMG Gummy vitamins are the BEST! I love them!!! Did your dad manage to find them for you? (if not, let me know.)

As for the fill...when you're close to your "sweet spot" it will probably take a long time for the swelling in your tummy to go down. That means it'll take you a long time to figure out if the fill is too much or too little. This last fill I took two weeks for my swelling to go down! I had never experienced such a long swelling period. So hang in there and wait for your body to adjust in order to see if that fill was too much or not.

amandakiska said...

Restriction changes EVERYTHING!