How I'm Doing So Far

Sunday, September 5, 2010

an award and other things



1. Post who gave you this award
2. State 10 things you like:
  1. Sushi
  2. Puppy breath
  3. Power naps
  4. My Kindle
  5. Early evening power walks and catch up chats with a friend
  6. Days on the beach
  7. Traveling the world
  8. Christmas
  9. Playing with my super duper juicer and vitamix blender
  10. Closet shopping
3. Give this award to 10 other bloggers and notify them with a comment
  1. Fluffy who's been banded for 5+ years
  2. Pie who's doing AWESOME
  3. Grace who's so strong in spite of the challenges she's been facing of late
  4. Catherine whose blog was the first I read from start to finish and inspired me to take this step. Oh yeah. and she has a fabulous bungi (she should know what this means!)
  5. Cindy who should continue to post regularly even if she doesn't think she's got something to say. There are some of us out here hanging on every word!
  6. Miss Vickie who welcomed me so early on and shared my blog with her friends
  7. Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou who always manages to make me smile
  8. Jennifer who has kept a smile on her face and persevered despite having a helluva time with her band. Oh and she cut her hair for locks of love. Awesome!
  9. Carmen who seems like a cool chick I'd love to hang with sometime
  10. Roo whose adventures in the middle east always seem so exotic and exciting!



Last night I went for sushi with a couple of girlfriends. It was a last supper of sorts. I love sushi and am a bit concerned that my band won't let me indulge..... it was lovely and we had a great time. i explained all about how the band works and what my eating habits will be once i'm banded. I even (GASP) told them how much i weigh, weighed at the start of the process in response to the 'you don't want to lose 100lbs though...) query. both were shocked, saying they'd never have imagined i weigh that much. "you hide it well' said one of them.
I wore a pair of lane bryant right fit jeans that I mentioned in my blog here on August 13. They fit, but were creating serious muffin top. 3 weeks later they are getting quite baggy. wow. i haven't really lost much weight in that time period, but glad i'm documenting these little things here so i can track my success in other ways!

4 comments:

-Grace- said...

Thank you so much!


You are rocking this pre-op! You will be on fire after you get banded!

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

Thank you so much sweetie!!! Glad I can make you smile!

CC said...

we can totally hang! :-) let's do it on your turf though ok? i don't think connecticut can hold a candle to the bahamas!!

Cindylew said...

Thanks cupcake...I'll try not to disappoint.