How I'm Doing So Far

Friday, June 25, 2010

Prayers Answered


So I got what I prayed (and worked hard) for and then some. When i first met with Dr Patti almost 2 weeks ago and went off with promises and determination to follow the eating plan, never did i dream i'd be coming back in 2 weeks in the 240's! Now my appt with her is Monday, so this is just what I need to help me get through the weekend on track.

Onto other things -- popped into the foodstore yesterday afternoon to grab some yogurt and US$4.99 organic eggs (yes, just 12) and thanked God I didn't need vegetables! This was the veggie section.... no sign, no people to explain what was going on..... ugh.... you guys in the US think it's hard to eat right?!?! Look at what I have to overcome!

7 comments:

Perry Joyce said...

Oh my goodness, that's so sad! Where do you live?? Is it just really expensive to import produce? This makes your 240's success even more impressive! If I went to the store and saw that I'd have though, "Oh well, I bet there's still ice cream!"

Amanda Kiska said...

Congrats on the 240's! I have three hens who provide me with organic farm fresh eggs for the cost of chicken feed!

Jenny said...

240's!!

Island Bandit said...

@Pie - I'm in Nassau, Bahamas. I definitely go ape shit when I go to Florida and find my way to a Whole Foods. OMG that place is incredible. That said, we generally have a pretty decent produce supply.... this particular store has been struggling recently, so it's no major surprise. i still go because it's the most convenient. ah well.

@Amanda - would Love to have chickens to supply me with fresh eggs. Yum! Alas, i live in a no-pets, no kids condo.... don't think the neighbours would look too kindly on some cluckers.

@Jenny - i'm always amazed how i can be so excited about a number that not so long ago (you know, on the way up) horrified me!

Cindylew said...

congrats on the 240's...you've done beautifully.

Perry Joyce said...

Hehehe...I might give up my access to Whole Foods for a kid-free condo in the Bahamas! =)

Island Bandit said...

touche, my friend.... touche!