How I'm Doing So Far

Thursday, July 22, 2010

But I liked carbs.....

Since we now have a rough idea of when surgery will be (mid to late September), Dr Patti did some serious tweaking to my eating plan.

Breakfast every other day is a drink made of this highly condensed fruit and veggie powder. You just mix a scoop in with water. It tastes sort of like an earthy just slightly sweet herbal tea.... not awful, but takes a bit of getting used to. I also get a piece of fruit and one of these super high protein bars.... had the chocolate macadamia nut one this morning, but not a huge fan of dark chocolate so not much enjoyment in it.... On alternate days I do 4oz protein, fruit and a drink made of this fibre powder..... not looking forward to that one!

Lunch is 4oz protein (no red meat or cheese), veggies and 1/2 cup of my limited selection of carbs -- cooked beans, lentils, carrots, sweet peas, pumpkin, cassava or yams..... Good LORD

Before I exercice in the afternoon I need to eat a piece of fruit and during or after exercise I have to mix a packet of To Go energy powder into my water to help with recovery.

Dinner is 4 oz protein (again, no red meat or cheese) and veggies... no carbs.

Crazy part is, after 2 weeks of this, she eliminates all carbs.. and i think 2-4 weeks after that we move on to a primarily liquids diet for a month..... at the end of all this i'm hoping the band won't have all that much to do!

Good news is bowels seem to have settled into they new (more acceptable) routine!

No comments: