How I'm Doing So Far

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I got a blogger award :)






Rules, the rules for the award are as follows:
1. Thank the person giving the award
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs.
4. Let your nominees know about the award.


Ok, here goes.


1. Thanks Grace for bestowing this award on me. I've been so inspired following your blog


2. Hmmmm...... Let's see....
1. I have lived in Shaftesbury England (where I was born), Freeport Bahamas, Nassau Bahamas, Boca Raton Florida, Huntingdon Pennsylvania, Puebla Mexico, London England. Oh, and Atlanta Georgia for a month!


2. Like the pussycat, I went to London to meet the Queen. Seriously. When I was there doing my master's quite a few years ago, I lived at this wonderful place called the London Goodenough Trust - provided reasonably priced housing for graduate students from Commonwealth countries. Queen Elizabeth is the Trust's patron and she came for a big celebration and I was in one of the groups who got to meet her and chat for a bit.


3. I am deathly afraid of frogs. Like stoooopid scared of them. And my mother thinks it's amusing to buy me frog stuff - one year she gave me a Christmas gift with a tag that said 'sweet dreams' - it was a nightshirt covered with frogs! Think after I get this weight thing in check I might go back to the psychotherapist who did my evaluation to try and deal with frog phobia.


4. I hate running - the whole fat chick ass moving in a different direction at a different tempo thing throws me off. that and the fact that at 260lbs it hurts the ankles, knees, shins, hips and lungs way too much. But i am determined to run a 5k.


5. I've lived in The Bahamas since I was 5, but learned to SCUBA dive while in college in central PA. Our open water dive part of our certification test was done in Lake Raystown on the first weekend in November. I saw snow flurries as I went down. When we had to clear our masks, I got so cold I forgot to breathe. Never went SCUBA diving again!


6. I am a journalist by trade but I hate writing. So many of my colleagues write poetry and plays and short stories just for fun. I don't get it. If I'm not being paid, my fingers don't move. Except when it comes to this blog, that is :)


7. i'm stuck here so i'm going to break the rules and just go with six.

3 comments:

Island Bandit said...

Just realised i completely ignored steps 3 & 4..... will try to do my nominations tonight! silly me... blame it on the super low carb plan my nutritionist has me on!

Perry Joyce said...

Three things: Your mom is HILARIOUS, I'm jealous that you got to do graduate school in London, and I sooooooooooo wish I didn't know EXACTLY what you meant about the whole ass moving in a different direction thing!!

Christine said...

You've lived all over the place! I did part of my undergrad in London and *I LOVED IT THERE!* I lived in Regent's Park, so I liked to say that the Queen was my landlord. :-)